In theory I thought I would like this combo, but on the field it just didn’t look great. I think that is because there wasn’t enough contrast between the helmet and the jerseys, and the non-existence of gold on the jerseys/pants make the helmet stick out. This combo would look better topped with a white helmet because it would match the white numbers.
I like the attempt at a tri-color combo, but the total lack of striping on the white pants make them look out of place in context with the blue and gold helmet/jersey. It’s like we showed up to the bowl game and forgot our pants, so we just wore the practice ones instead.
After the first game, I thought this would be one of my favorite combos, but now at season’s end I realize that there are better options for Tulsa to go with. The Stormtrooper look is something that isn’t unique because nearly every football team wears it. The lack of creativity on the uniforms really rears its ugly head in this combo. The white does make the blue numbers pop, and I love how the helmet looks in this uniform. Again, striping in the pants and shoulders to match the beautiful helmet stripe would bump this combo up to top 3, but alas.
I like this combo the best out of everything black we wore because the contrast between the jersey and the pants/helmet is nice, and it makes the blue numbers pop, but again the terrible black helmet just holds this combo back.
The distance between 4th and 5th is large. For a lot of people, this was their favorite uniform. I understand because the gold-blue-gold is such a perfect Tulsa look, but I am just not that crazy about the gold helmet, it looks a bit too old-school for me. Still, this is an awesome uniform, and it provided my favorite picture we took all year.
Again, I love the white helmet. For such a simple look, these uniforms looked so good on field. The blue seemed darker this year, and it provided even more contrast to the white pants which looked beautiful. The white Helmet looks best with the blue jersey because the helmet stripe and jersey match.
Very clean, very Tulsa look. I love the
1-1-2 combos, when the helmet and jersey match. The blue pants are a nice contrast to the white jerseys, and the combo just makes the blue pop.
The perfect Tulsa combination, and I’m a huge fan of tri-color uniforms. I love the way the blue stripe on the helmet is complimented by the blue pants, and the white jersey just looks so clean with the red outline on the blue numbers. The only combination that would beat this would be a blue helmet with gold pants.
Here are the results of our fan survey:
1. Gold-Blue-Gold: 3.97 Average, 15 1st place votes, 3 last place votes.
2. White-Blue-White: 5.13 average, 3 1st place votes, 0 last place votes.
3. Gold-White-Gold: 5.23 average, 4 1st place votes, 1 last place vote.
4. Gold-Blue-White: 5.45 average, 3 1st place votes, 1 last place vote.
5. Gold-White-Blue: 5.79 average, 4 1st place votes, 3 last place votes.
6. White-White-White: 6.21 average, 2 1st place votes, 5 last place votes.
7. Black-White-Black: 7.00 average, 7(!) 1st place votes, 8 12th and 13th place votes.
8. Gold-White-White: 7.07 average, 2 1st place votes, 3 last place votes.
9. Gold-Blue-Blue: 7.23 average, 2 1st place votes, 4 last place votes.
10. White-White-Blue: 7.38 average, 1 1st place votes, 4 last place votes.
11. Black-Black-Black: 7.45 average, 4 1st place votes, 3 last place votes.
12. Black-Blue-Black: 7.97 average, 2 1st place votes, 6 last place votes.
13. Black-White-White: 8.43 average, 1 1st place vote, 2 last place votes.